美国口语俚语(57)
1. rub elbows 交际,接触
Its important for you to go to these parties and rub elbows with everyone. Thats how contacts are made.
参加这类晚会与大伙接触接触是非常重要的,关系就是如此打造起来的。
2. rub it in 火上浇油
You dont have to rub it in. I already feel bad enough as it is.
你不要火上浇油了,我已经够难过的。
3. run something by again重复某事务
Can you run that by again? I didnt quite understand your last point.
请再说一遍怎么样?最后一点我听不太懂。
4. say what 你怎么说?
Say what? I didnt hear what you said.
你怎么说?我没听到。
5. sit tight耐心等待
Just sit tight. The doctor will be with you in a minute.
耐心等一下,大夫立刻就来看你。
美国口语俚语(58)
1. get with it 注意(周遭的事物)
George really needs to get with it. Hes still wearing bellbottoms.
乔治真的该注意一下时髦。他仍然穿着喇叭裤。
2. get over自中恢复过来
I dont think anybody really gets over his first love.
我觉得无人可以真的忘掉初恋。
3. gross someone out让某人感觉**
Mike grossed Sue out when he waved a snake in front of her face.
麦克在苏前面摇晃着一条蛇,使她**去世了。
4. hang out溜达
In here free time, Kathy likes to hang out at the mall with her friends.
凯西有空袭缓和朋友到商场溜达。
5. have a ball寻乐子,痛快地玩
We intend to have a ball at the amu百度竞价推广ent park today.
大家计划今天到游乐场玩个痛快。
美国口语俚语(59)
1. scatterbrain糊涂虫
What a scatterbrain! She forgot to plug in the coffee maker1.
真是个糊涂虫!他忘了给咖啡壶插电。
2. screw up弄错
The hotel screwed up our reservations so we didnt have a room for the night.
旅社把大家预定的房间弄错了,因此晚上没地方可住。
3. spaced out魂不守舍
He didnt hear what you said. Hes spaced out.
他没听到你说的话,他魂不守舍。
4. up front预先
In order to hold your reservation, Ill need a 10% down payment up front.
为了保留你预定的东西,我要先收10%的定金。
5. wimp软骨头,没用的家伙
Harold is a real wimp2. He lets everybody take advantage of him.
哈罗德真没用,每一个人都可以占他实惠。
美国口语俚语(60)
1. chicken out退缩
Bill was going to ask Lisa out on date, but he chickened out at the last minute.
比尔本来要约丽莎出去,但最后却不敢开口。
2. clamp down on加大取缔
The police are clamping down on drunk drivers.
警方加大取缔酒后开车。
3. break the news to告诉坏消息
Paul had to break the news of her friends death to Paula.
鲍尔需要告诉葆拉她朋友的死讯。
4. the breaks运势不佳
Sorry, Susie, thats the breaks.
抱歉,苏西,运势实在不好。
5. broken record反复讲同样的话(原意为坏了的唱片)
Please sTOP talking about your problems. You sound like a broken record.
拜托别谈你的问题了。你真象张坏了的唱片。